Thank you to simpleillusionblog for the nomination. This post is my response to that nomination.
I hope that learnography will get something close to an answer to a question they raised in a comment recently:
Will you share how you feel before, during or after the writing? In fact, writing is the motor knowledge of brain circuits which deals with the finger mapping of cerebellar learnography. Your therapeutic experience is valuable in the development of cerebellar basal ganglia circuitry. Thanks
First up for the rest of thist post…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
MY ANSWERS TO SIMPLEILLUSION’S QUESTIONS
- How dedicated are you as a blogger? pretty dedicated – in just under eight years since I started I have produced just over 1,500 posts, and whenever possible I like to put something up most days. I also read a huge number of blogs, posting likes and where appropriate comments.
- What do you love most about blogging? Interacting with a community, something that I struggle with except via the medium of a computer.
- Do you collect anything when you travel and if so, what and why? I collect maps to remind of me of places I have visited and I also collect photographs to share so that others can see things that have caught my eye.
- Do you speak any other languages? No, I am sadly monolingual (my efforts to learn other languages have all been failures).
- Are you a tea or coffee drinker? I am a coffee drinker. These days I drink filter coffee, and my method for producing the perfect brew is: Two heaped scoops of coffee grounds into the pot, cover with enough boiling water to produce two cups of coffee, place the top over the pot and leave to stand for not less than five minutes (I check my emails while filling in this time), then press the plunger down and pour. The result looks like black muck and drinks like liquid velvet.
- How did your blog get its name and why did you start it? My blog got its name from a shortening of my official 2006 diagnosis – Asperger’s Syndrome – although these days like most autistic people I simply use autism and refer to myself where appropriate as an autistic person. I started the blog because I hoped that people would be interested in reading about an autistic person from their own point of view. Also, I find writing to be therapeutic – I always feel better for having created a blog post.
- What post are you most proud of on your blog? The one I wrote about going through a melt down, because it was a difficult and sensitive subject and if I had misfired with such a post I could have copped some serious stick, while in the event it was very well received.
- Name one thing you didn’t expect to happen with your blog that has. That I would acquire as many followers as I have done – almost 800 of you now follow this blog.
- What is your typical weekend like? I can no longer claim to have a typical weekend, but unless something (usually an unscheduled hospital trip these days) prevents it Sunday lunch with family remains a regular feature.
- What is your greatest inspiration in life? My inspiration comes from the natural world – I love to get outside in to green spaces and see what the beasts and birds are doing.
- What advice would you give someone wanting to start a travel blog today? I would say start by picking a title for your blog and creating a wordpress site, then continue by searching wordpress for travel blogs and see what kinds of stuff they post, also leave a few likes and comments to advertise your presence (I spent my first three years or so as a blogger failing to do this), then think about what you want your first post to look like and set about creating it. Once you have created the post make sure it is categorized and tagged properly (no more than 10 tags for a post or you could fall foul of various spam filters) and that you have a good feature image. If you do other forms of social media (not all bloggers do) then post links there to maximise exposure of the blog.
- What inspired you to become a blogger?
- How do you promote your blog?
- What has been your greatest recent challenge?
- Do you ever set yourself to do muli-post blogging projects (e.g my “100 cricketers” series, which occupied 40 posts)?
- How do you go about creating a blog post?
- Which of your posts did you most enjoy creating and why?
- Where in the world would you most like to visit and why?
- What is your favourite meal?
- What kind of music do you most enjoy? If you fancy expanding on this one you could do a “Desert Island Discs” style selection of eight pieces and finish by pickinf one from that list.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- Do you have an idea that you think you could turn into a book? If so what is it?
I have nominated the following, who I present as a bulleted list to avoid any suggestion of a ranking order:
- Son of a Beach
- Cindy Knoke
- The Unabashed Autist
- Our Autism Blog
- A corner of Cornwall
- Present Tense in Europe
If I have not nominated you but you fancy taking on my questions anyway, please feel free to do so.
I sign off in my usual fashion…
14 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination”
Thanks a bunch for the shout out! I really appreciate it. Yours is well deserved. 😊
Thank you. You are very welcome 🙂
You’re welcome. 😊
Thank you Thomas for the nomination. Will work on my post with responses to your questions soon ☺️
Congratulations on your nomination. Enjoyed reading this post.😊
You are welcome and I look forward to reading your response post when you produce it. I am glad yhlou enjoyed reading this post 🙂
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE MENTION!!! I appreciate that. You deserve this nomination! ☺
You are very welcome – I always enjoy reading your stuff. Thank you for your kind comment 🙂
Thank you Thomas, what a lovely surprise! I shall certainly try to respond though it may take a while. I seem to have a backlog of posts these days! If I don’t get around to it, thank you anyway – it’s lovely to be nominated 🙂
You are very welcome – respond in your own time (due to the current state of my health I have all the time I could possibly want to blog in – it is a question of finding things to blog about in my circumscribed life, but I know that others are differently placed for all sorts of reasons) 🙂
What an honor to be one of the nominees. I will respond if I find the time. Good questions. It’s a real challenge to answer them wisely.
I find your answers to the question very interesting. Good answers. Congratulations 🙂
Thank you – I hope you do find the time to respond, and look forward to seeing what you come with.