As well as the wide variety of ,links that give this post its title it will feature some of my own stuff, notably pictures.
I start with some stuff about Autism, beginning with…
AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM LAINA
Laina, guiding genius of thesilentwaveblog, has set up a new blog specifically for sharing stuff. Her announcement of this is here, while the new blog can be seen here.
STIM THE LINE
I end this little section with what is a new find for me, stimtheline, with a post titled “Autism is Me“.
The four links in this section are links that form no natural groupings:
- the gentleman has produced an excellent piece about the durability of Roman Concrete.
- From slate.com comes this piece about how to avoid all-male panels (“manels”) – it is long but an excellent read. As the author points out there is no excuse for an all-male panel. I would similarly say that if you are getting together a panel to talk about autism your starting point should be autistic people – and only when you have several lined up should you consider the desirability of including neurotypicals on the panel.
- A petition calling on the Spanish government to allow Catalonia a new, peaceful independence referendum.
- For UK readers only, a petition calling on our government to ban driven grouse shooting.
ROBERT LOVES PI ON FULLERENES
This refers to three related pieces that I have seen on robertlovespi. Fullerenes are spheroid carbon allotropes (also known in some circles as buckyballs – both the formal and informal deisgnation pay tribute to the architect Richard Buckminster Fuller who was particularly known for geodesic domes). The three pieces are:
- The one that first attracted my attention, titled “The Construction of a Zome Model of a 240-Atom Fullerene Molecule, In Seven Pictures“
- Then comes “A 240-Atom Fullerene, and Related Polyhedra“
- Finally, “The C-320 Fullerene Polyhedron“.
This one comes from brilliant, though it has a little addition of my own as well:
This is an easy question, even without the multi-choice options given on the site. If the 51 under the dividing line was replaced by 53 it would become fiendishly difficult – can you work out why?
9 thoughts on “Sunday Sharing Spectular”
Reblogged this on O LADO ESCURO DA LUA.
Thank you very much for the links and for your very kind words! 😘💚💙
Dang it, I hit “reply” too soon lol!
I also love Stim The Line 😁 Great blog!
Excellent post all around, my brother! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼💜
You are welcome regarding the links – I am enjoyoing your new sharing blog. Thank you for your comments 🙂
Thank you so much for your encouraging words and your wonderful support! 💞. It’s a really fun blog; I love giving back in whatever way(s) I can 😁💗. I’ve got enough material to last a long, long time, so it’ll go indefinitely 😉😘💖🌟🌷
Thank you so much for including me in your fantastic post! I had a great time watching the polyhedron animation as well.
You are very welcome – and I am glad you enjoyed the polyhedron 🙂
/(3*17) and cancel? 🙂