This is a must read document, courtesy of Eve Reiland (nee Hinson) at americanbadassactivists…
Note: The International Charter of Autists Rights has been officially adopted at AmericanBadassActivists.org. Please support, share and help educate others on Autists Rights.
THE 10 POINTS OF Âû (The Autistic Union)
- I am Autistic. [or] I support those who are Autistic.
- I embrace my Autism as a very significant part of my identity.
- I embrace those who would sacrifice to protect all Autistic life.
- I embrace the belief that Autism does not need any “curing”.
- I embrace the self-advocacy goal of “Everything about us, with us”.
- I embrace the definition of Autism as a neuro-social difference.
- I embrace measures directed at protecting Autistics from attack.
- I embrace a person-centred approach to all Autism issues.
- I embrace rigorous scientific approaches to co-occurring conditions.
- I embrace Autistics leading their own welfare organisations.
1. THE RIGHT TO LIFE
We will prevent eugenic elimination of autistic people by opposing pre-natal testing for autism.
View original post 1,519 more words