No – I’m not getting into financial writing! This title refers to the fact that this post is largely devoted to sharing interesting stuff I have found recently, with some pictures, mainly from work.
I STAND WITH HARRY – UPDATE
The latest stage of this campaign to get Brentwood County Hugh School to confront and deal with their bullying problem, a campaign being run by veteran anti-bullying campaigner and autism advocate Kevin Healey, is calling for people to post pictures of themselves holding an “I Stand With Harry” poster. For the record this is the one I posted:
MAKE VOTES MATTER
SEA WORLD PETITION
Another long standing campaign entering a new phase. The new development is a map to which you can add your presence:
A NEW INTERACTIVE MAP
I have already posted a couple of links about this on my London transport themed website, but this is so good that I am posting about it here as well:
- The Time Out piece that set me wise to this
- The two links posted on my website (here and here)
- To check out the tool (I caught it out once – when although it correctly had me change at Stockwell to the Victoria line for a journey between Tooting Bec and Great Portland Street it then had me change at King;’s Cross to the Circle/ Hammersmith and City/ Metropolitan, instead of alighting at Warren Street, strolling round the corner to Euston Square and travelling one stop west – a net gain of three stops with little time difference in the interchanges) click the screenshot below:
These are individual links that defy any sort of grouping:
- A piece on climate change from The Guardian
- Some excellent thoughts from the Labour Party candidate in the Richmond Park by=election.
- Courtesy of Vox Political, a piece about Stephen Philips deciding that Conservative is no longer a label he can live with.
- David Hencke provides a sensible analysis of the recent court decision re Brexit – this has provoked some truly appalling press coverage, with the Daily Heil being in full ‘hurrah for the blackshirts’ mode, and the newspaper that is not sold on Merseyside not far behind in the awfulness stakes.
- Saving the best until last, check out Heather Hastie’s detailed explanation of precisely why Ayaan Hirsi Ali should not be on a list of anti-muslim extremists.
As already stated, most of my pictures are from work on Thursday and yesterday.